Dance Drive Drop Die

This is not an experience I’d like to repeat.


Cuz it’s propped on top of me, vertically, as I lie on the couch, typing.

Weird, but natural..


Last night, Wednesday, was my cousins wedding in Cleveland!

Since it’s a four and a half hour drive (the hall was about 45 min out of Cleveland) and the wedding was called for 6pm, we left at 1 pm.

Now, travelling with my family of nine is always an adventure, and this time was no exception. With only my older sister gone in Israel, my seven siblings, my parents and I were (willingly?) cooping ourselves into our big red van for a nice little drive.

Luckily for everyone, there were not too many casualties, and the ride was relatatively uneventful. Ignore the little white lies- I try to keep this blog relatively clean and violent free.

There was one note-worthy incident which I must report: I had my hair wrapped up in ostentatious looking rollers; bright red and yellow, purchased from Sally’s Beauty Supply a few days prior to my departure.

I understand this seems rather…unusual, but I desperately wnated to wear my hari down adn curly, though as my brother put it, I should have (You look so cute, why don’t you) put on a pink nightgown and lay down in bed with an Oprah magazine.

Very funny, brother.

We arrived at the hall before six with a huge hood on my head, hopefully concealing the colorful, gruesome bumps protruding from it, with stray hairs wisping and winding down and every which way.

I unrolled my hair, spent two hours in the stunning bathroom applying makeup, and emerged in my Annie Sez dress, looking beautiful.

Yeah, that dress got over 10 compliments, no joke.

The wedding was fantabulous! I saw all my little cousins, my aunts uncles and various other relatives. I danced a bit, ate a bit and chatted a lot. Took tons of pictures and generally had a great time.

It was raining outside when my family and I departed for home, a few hours before the wedding’s end.

We stopped at a rest stop where my fataher fell asleep for awhile, and we saw my aunt, uncle and two cousins in the same place!!!

I knocked on my uncles car window and scared the living daylights out of him in that reststop, ha ha.

I then drove for 45 min, until 1:45 a.m.

The long, lonely highway was dark and rainy, and with my whole family asleep and the windsheild wipers waving their rythmic dance back and forht across my field of vision, I suddenly understood hwo people fall asleep at the wheel.

My vision sucks naturally and it’s even worse at night. I didn’t have my glasses or liscense on me, i was dead tired and nervious of the huge responsibilty. This was my first tme driving at night with my whole family, being dead tired…and then I entered the contruction zone.

I got so claustrophobic surrounded on both sides by a concrete wall that I had to remind myself to breathe. I pulled off soon afterwards, and slept until we got home at 3 a.m.

I collapsed into my bed and slept until 1 the next afternoon…and then of course, I got the sore throat/itchy eyes feelings….

And I lost my sketchbook that had kept me company on the way there, with some beautiful drawings of my siblings 😦

But overall, the entire event was quite nice, and I can’t wait for next Wednesday, when I get to do the whole wedding thing all over again, only local this time!!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: